Flying Bike is Hiring!
Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery is one of only a handful of cooperative breweries in the United States, and the first in Washington State. Come be a part of history with us at our brewery in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle. We are seeking an experienced brewer to assist the Head Brewer in brewery operations and help maintain a unique and successful tasting room & brewery for our membership and the community.
We will be hiring for 16-24 hours per week depending on particular needs. Please send your weekly availability with your application. Position(s) open until filled.
The Brewery Assistant at Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery assists with many brewing, packaging, cleaning, and maintenance duties at the brewery and otherwise provides operational support to the Head Brewer and co-op as needed. Responsibilities include, but not be limited to, assisting with brewing and packaging beer, cleaning and maintenance of the brewery and equipment, taking inventory, and working with other members of the team to ensure all beer inside and outside of the taproom is of the highest quality.
- Cleaning and maintenance of kegs and any other brewery equipment requested by the Head Brewer.
- Bottle beer for inside and outside sales.
- Clean and organize the beer cooler and cold room.
- Assist in the development and execution of both on and off-site events and promotions.
- Assist the Head Brewer in the development and execution of member-sourced beer recipes (scaling, optimizing grain bills, and compatibility of economical substitutions).
- In the spirit of cooperative values, work collaboratively with the Head Brewer, Jobs Team, 9-person Board of Directors, and members of the co-op.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, use hands to grasp,
handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl or bend, and perform repetitive
motions of the hands and/or wrists.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pound grain bags, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Strong communication skills.
Our 5 Year Goals
- Developing many member and community events at our location.
- Wholesale distribution to the extent of brewery capacity in the immediate area.
- Collaboration with cooperatives in the Seattle area, in line with the ICA cooperative principles.
- Collaboration with other breweries and food businesses in the area.
- Working with the Greenwood community to promote and support local events.
Interested and qualified persons can forward resumes, with cover letter and availability: email@example.com.