Flying Bike is Hiring!
Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery is one of only a handful of cooperative breweries in the United States. Come be a part of history with us at our tasting room & brewery in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle. We are seeking enthusiastic “Beertender(s)” to help us maintain a unique and successful brewery and tasting room experience for our membership and the general public.
Our Beertenders are much more than bartenders, they are the face and execution of the cooperative brewery model. They serve the member driven beer of the Cooperative and they also serve as a wealth of information on our Cooperative, the cooperative business model, and of course beer itself. As staff and a member beertenders get to see the inside workings of how a Cooperative brewery is run.
This job is fun and dynamic and the right staffers will work independently and together to inspire and channel the support of our over 1,800-strong membership and enthusiastically accept and direct the collective power that is a member-owned brewery.
We will be hiring for 16-20 hours per week depending on availability. Please send your weekly availability with your application. Position(s) open until filled.
- Provide an awesome and unique experience to our customers, both members and general public.
- Serve our member-driven beer to members and the general public. This includes taking orders, pouring beer, accurately keeping track of tabs, and processing payments.
- Maintain a clean and organized tasting room in accordance with Cooperative policies.
- Following all relevant federal, state, and local regulations.
- Complete accurate reports at the end of each shift for day of sales as required by Cooperative policies.
- Assist in the execution and planning of events, especially those held on site.
- Complete all side work and other tasks assigned by the management team.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- At least 2 years of service experience (preferably brewery or tasting room specific).
- Extensive beer and brewing industry knowledge.
- Cicerone certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with or willingness to quickly learn about the co-op structure.
- Have or willingness to obtain an alcohol and food serving permit by start of employment.
- Documented event planning and execution experience a plus.
Our 5 Year Goals
- Developing many member and community events at our location.
- Wholesale distribution to the extent of brewery capacity in the immediate area.
- Collaboration with cooperatives in the Seattle area, in line with the ICA cooperative principles.
- Collaboration with other breweries and food businesses in the area.
- Working with the Greenwood community to promote and support local events.
Interested and qualified persons can forward resumes, with cover letter and availability: email@example.com.